Started in 2017, Rashid Latif Dental College is a state of the art dental facility. Since its inception it is working under the skilled supervision of Dr. Asif Ali Shah. The dental College has most modern infrastructure and highly qualified faculty to provide latest and quality treatment.
We aspire to become the Centre of excellence in the field of medical sciences with a strong focus on character building and professional development of the students and professionals.
- Groom competent professionals who are outstanding clinicians and investigators with a passion for lifelong learning and providing the highest quality compassionate care and are sensitive to the needs of the community.
- Provision of quality education in medicine and its related fields through effective teaching methods and techniques.
- To keep abreast with latest developments and research from across the globe and strive to become a center for advancement for medical profession.
- Develop clinicians who are trained to become future leaders in the field of medicine. Our graduates will uphold the dignity of their profession, practice both the art and science of medicine with altruism and incorporate the highest ethical principles into their life and practice.
- 4 Lecture Halls with Air-conditioning and Multi-Media
- 8 Labs
- 10 Tutorial Rooms
- 300(Seating Capacity)Student Cafeteria
- 200 (Seating Capacity)Library
- 62 (WorkStation) Computer Lab
- Curriculum (PMDC and UHS approved).
- Teaching and Learning (According to UHS guidelines)
- Assessment Method ( Annual Exams/Internal Assessment, as per UHS guidelines).
The dental graduate should have achieved the following competencies:
- Advocating for change
- Communicating effectively with a range of audiences, e.g. professional, policymaking bodies, community and patients
- Providing dental care in a contemporary ethical and legal environment
- Displaying integrity in all aspects of professional life
- Applying a wide understanding of social, political and cultural perspectives to inform practice.
- Having a vision of oral health in the wider community
- Committing to the improvement of oral health in the whole community, including underprivileged groups, through diagnosis, treatment and education
- Being informed by a preventive approach to management
- Engaging in promotion of oral health as it relates to general health
- Demonstrating a commitment to optimizing their own oral health.
- Using an evidenced‐based approach to provide holistic management
- Acting as an advocate for patients
- Providing a broad range of dental interventions
- Having expertise in diagnosis, treatment planning and dental care in the long term
- Integrating and applying an understanding of basic, clinical, behavioral and social science concepts to inform practice.
- Working effectively as a team member of an integrated dental team and inter-professional teams
- Managing self, resources and people within the constraints of the practice context
- Utilizing information technology for communication, patient and practice management.
- Using reflection and critical self‐assessment to inform evidence‐based practice
- Accessing the most current information and research, critically evaluating it individually and in collaboration
- Using up‐to‐date learning technologies
- Monitoring social and economic trends and considering their implications for practice
- Recognizing the need for further education and undertaking appropriate courses as necessary.